The attention span of a human being is fairly short hence I intend to keep this blog very short and precise. Below is a very useful video that I found .
An authentic online professional profile is a profile that is genuine, a profile that is original, a profile that represents you. It is more or less about advertising yourself i.e. self-branding.
“77% of recruiters said they used search engines to find background data on candidates. Additionally, 35% admitted they eliminated a candidate because of what they found online.” 
So here are a few tips to help you develop an authentic online professional profile:
- Picture- it is said a picture tells a thousand stories so please make your profile picture as professional as possible, no drunken photos or funny pictures.
- Stand out- you should identify your Unique Selling Point (USP) and that should be your asset.
- Be current- keep all your profiles updated.
- Balance it- good balance between work and play does the trick; too much gimmicks is not good so as a stiff, dull profile.
- Be you- “if you need to conceal your true nature to get in the door, understand that you’ll probably have to conceal your true nature to keep that job”.
Below is a picture that highlights what employers look for the most in your public profile. 
“It used to be that your resume was the determining factor in landing a job, but now social platforms are becoming the norm for both networking and finding work.” 
Indeed there are lots of ways in which an authentic online professional profile can be developed but just a few has been discussed here due to restrictions. To conclude, I am sure you all have seen the hashtag that was trending last week about #TheDress and this week it’s about “what advice would you give your younger self” by using the hashtag #DearMe so mine is this blog! #DearMe #DearYou #YouNeedToReadThisBlogBecauseItWillHelpYouInLife